Strategy and business development
Senior Manager - Strategic Joint Ventures
Imagine a future where you take up the challenge of delivering key strategic joint ventures to form the growth platform for the world’s most sustainable energy company
Join us in this role, where you’ll become Senior Manager of the Strategic Joint Ventures team (SJV) and be responsible for leading transactions at the forefront of our growth into new international markets.
Welcome to Business Development
You’ll lead SJV, which is part of our Business Development group within the Commercial division. SJV is responsible for delivering early-stage joint ventures and acquisitions across our global offshore wind and green hydrogen portfolios. In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to interact with all parts of the Group’s business and also with many of the largest energy companies in the world.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading SJV’s engagement with our partners and internal stakeholders, including executive management
- overseeing the commercial and strategic support provided by SJV to our regional organisations (APAC, EU, USA, UK) and to Green Hydrogen, as they originate new opportunities
- supervising deal execution by SJV, and using your experience to contribute directly to the resolution of the most complex issues
- collaborating with senior members of our project organisation to ensure alignment between their objectives and the solutions developed by SJV
- participating in the presentation of strategic growth opportunities to our executive decision-making bodies, including the Investment Committee
- acting as leader and mentor to a team of highly motivated individuals, who represent the very best of our commercial talent.
To succeed in the role, you:
- exhibit strong leadership, with the profile and credibility to secure buy-in to transactions that drive significant change
- are ‘solution-oriented’ and have the desire to innovate smart approaches to ground-breaking business challenges
- have experience of executing joint venture structures, ideally in the power or energy markets
- have strong deal execution credentials from a VP (or equivalent) position in an advisory firm (e.g. legal, consulting, financial) or from a senior commercial role in a large corporation
- are able to act decisively using the information available, and to drive consensus internally and externally by seeking pragmatic compromises during negotiation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 1 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact talentacquisitionuK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, including to our regional offices in Copenhagen, New York, and Tokyo.
Please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.