Engineering and construction
Head of Foundation Fabrication Management
Imagine a future where you’re Line Manager for a technical project management department and lead a highly skilled team of fabrication managers and supervisors.
Join us in this role as head of our Fabrication Management department where you’ll ensure the development of the fabrication management and fabrication supervision function. You’ll be making certain that the function develops and retains the capability of ensuring successful supply of foundations for our offshore wind farms at the right quality.
Welcome to Foundations Engineering and Fabrication Management
You’ll be part of our management team in Foundations Engineering & Fabrication Management where you’ll be Head of Fabrication Management. Your department consists of fabrication managers and supervisors adding up to 21 employees. You’ll be building the team to meet the future challenges of ensuring the progress and quality of foundation fabrication which is taking place in different countries around the world, hence, you’ll be working across different time zones, as a considerable number of your employees will be expatriated to the sites.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning, recruiting, and functionally managing fabrication managers and fabrication supervisors in the execution phase of wind farm projects
- setting the right team and drive forecasting of future needs with respect to competences and staffing
- developing team members’ personal and professional competences and undertaking yearly performance and salary reviews
- planning and executing the quality assurance of the department’s deliverables
- maintaining and developing tools, processes, and ways of working, besides consolidating and implementing lessons learned to ensure continuous development and improvement of the department’s performance
- leading and coordinating with other managers on company-wide strategic objectives, enhancing quality, efficiency, and safety in our business.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are motivated by and have experience with providing functional leadership across large distances and several time zones to a large technical team
- have experience as a project manager or site manager on demanding steel construction projects hence understanding the project management tools to deliver large engineering projects and drive changes
- are energised by interacting with colleagues, and possess good stakeholder management skills
- possess the required understanding of the complexity of working in a matrix organisation to set the team up for success
- have excellent communication and influencing skills, and can develop effective networks within a multi-cultural and international company
- preferably, but not necessarily, have a good understanding of developing offshore wind farms.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 08 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Ulrich Barfoed, Senior Manager, on +4599556714 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll have employees in our offices in Gentofte and Skærbæk as well as expatriated employees in the Asian Pacific, in the US and in a number of countries in Northern Europe.