Engineering and construction
Control Systems and Balance of Plant Specialist for Offshore Operations
Imagine a future where you’re ensuring top performance in operating and monitoring offshore wind farm control and balance of plant systems.
Join us in this role where you, as Control and Balance of Plant Specialist, will be responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, and driving continuous improvement initiatives on the wind farm control systems.
Welcome to Offshore Operations
You’ll be part of Fleet Diagnostics where you, together with your colleagues, will work closely with a broad set of stakeholders across Offshore Operations, including the Control & Monitoring Center, offshore sites, Technical Integrity Management, SCADA & Security, and IT, to solve technical issues. You’ll also work closely with original equipment manufacturers and vendors to optimise services for control systems and SCADA.
You’ll play an important role in:
- working closely with offshore sites on issue resolution and continuous improvement initiatives
- providing advanced troubleshooting support for the Control & Monitoring Center
- leading the handover processes for control systems and balance of plant
- driving the integration of new control system capabilities for new technology intakes
- optimising services supporting control systems and balance of plants system operations
- mapping documentation needs, requirements for documentation structure, and work instructions to digitalise troubleshooting guides, both internally and with original equipment manufacturers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a technical background as Electrical Engineer, Electrician, Senior Wind Turbine Technician, or similar
- have experience with control systems and balance of plant system operation
- have experience with OT security and network design for production systems
- have experience with operation of high and medium voltage networks and substations
- are interested in IT processes and working on continuous improvement within the field
- have strong collaboration and communication skills, are a great team player, and fluent in English.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kathrine Høeg Johansen, Senior Manager, on +4599555094 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll participate in installation activities at offshore sites and in our Control & Monitoring Center when needed.