Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Ambitious and newly graduated Data Scientist
Do you want to embark on a steep and fun learning curve in one of the most dynamic industries for the largest offshore wind operator?
Join us and become Data Scientist in Offshore Operations where you’ll be responsible for extracting insights from production data and deploying Condition Based Models. You’ll become part of our existing well-founded team of highly skilled and professional colleagues. The team works in close collaboration with the daily business on delivering the best in class advice to optimise the operations of our offshore portfolio of turbines.
We offer a position where you’ll have assigned mentors to ensure a fast and robust development of your technical and analytical skillset. We have a high level of expertise in the team, and you’ll get the chance to work on many complex and challenging tasks.
Your key tasks will be to
- work with production data from our wind turbines around the globe
- work on extracting insights from data and make them transparent to the sites to secure data-driven decisions in the daily operations
- be part of the model developing team responsible for developing, operating and maintaining the Condition Based Models (CBM) for our wind turbine fleet
- design and deliver data science-fuelled models, products and tools with immediate commercial value to our sites and stakeholders
- assist technical departments with analyses of production data and present them in dashboards
- be proactive to help foster a transparent and positive culture in the team.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree or PhD in mathematical modelling, statistics, machine learning, computer science or similar
- understand the fundamental aspects of data sciences, i.e. classic machine learning disciplines, regression, prediction, classification and time series analysis
- possess expert Python skills and understand and have experience with MLOps frameworks
- have experience with deployment to Kubernetes in Docker Containers
- have a flair for technical insights into physical systems, such as wind turbines, or other relevant technical insights and want to work in close cooperation with professional, hands-on people
- are analytical, have a creative mindset and can see and understand issues from different customer perspectives while wanting to understand the business and translate this knowledge into results.
Join a global leader in green energy
Imagine a future where you power your career while creating a world that runs entirely on green energy. Ørsted has been ranked the world’s most sustainable company and is a global leader in offshore wind energy. With a market share of 30%, we’re not only transforming the way the world is powered – we’re leading the global green energy transition.
To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. You’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment where you learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects that will ignite your potential and unleash your talent.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 6 July 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jan Frydendahl, Lead Data Scientist, on telephone +45 99 55 84 73 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that there are two positions available.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,500 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms and energy storage facilities, bioenergy plants and provide energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,700 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.