Public affairs, regulatory and legal
IPR Specialist (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you drive the intellectual property rights and play a vital role in shaping the future of a global green energy leader
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for driving the global IPR strategy, executing strategic IP activities, working with patents, trade secrets, trademarks, business agreements, contracts and understanding the business needs and market trends. You’ll work closely with the team to set future direction and identify challenges and opportunities. Due to the nature of our organisation as a technology integrator, the variety of IP tasks is very broad and the focus of the role will be to understand the business context and ensure adaptation of the IPR strategy and approach to the needs of the business.
Welcome to Ørsted Innovation
You’ll be part of the Innovation Portfolio Management team where you, together with your colleagues, will work together with inventors and development project teams to identify and secure patent applications or trade secret protection of new concepts. You may also be negotiating and concluding license agreements or providing IPR guidance on cooperation agreements and NDAs and ensuring a high-level understanding and execution of the global IPR strategy. The position will entail building significant industry knowledge and being exposed to both external and internal stakeholders across the organisation. As a team, we work collaboratively to deliver excellent recommendations, know-how, and guidance to our stakeholders, while maintaining a fun, inclusive, and dynamic environment with a strong focus on psychological safety and wellbeing.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being proactive in the organisation and establishing network to be a trusted advisor as IPR representative to relevant stakeholders
- defining and running strategic IP activities where you, together with the IPR team and senior management, based on deep analytics and a clear thought process, will set the future direction on IP matters
- driving the process of identifying inventions, determining protection strategy, and working with external patent agents to prepare patent applications, writing, prosecuting, and managing them yourself
- providing guidance on cooperation agreements with third parties on IP and NDAs and negotiating license agreements with external patent holders
- working on defensive IPR tasks, e.g., patent landscaping and Freedom to Operate analyses
- shaping, defining, and implementing new IPR procedures and strategies, with the freedom to add your own stamp to the way things are done.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive and all-round experience from a similar IP function in a private company or as a consultant, preferably in Europe or UK
- have a completed degree or equivalent experience in law, business law, engineering, or similar from a technical university
- have a proactive and systematic approach to work tasks, demonstrating the ability to anticipate and address issues methodically, and ensuring efficiency
- demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, tailoring messages to diverse stakeholders, fostering understanding, and building trust
- exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- preferably have a qualified, or part qualified, patent attorney, or IP Solicitor background.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.