Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Accountant / R2R Expert / Controller
Imagine a future where you ensure high-quality financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and process optimisation
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, incl. month-end closing, reconciliations, and statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls. You’ll predominantly support our German region and play a significant role in process optimisation, aided by your significant experience in the field.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling
You’ll be part of the Financial Accounting team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardised and timely accounting and reporting products within FAC. As a team, we create a workplace culture centred around teamwork and development through close collaboration with our colleagues and stakeholders within and outside of the FAC department.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing appropriate financial journals and reconciling your entities’ accounts with respect to tight period end close deadlines
- preparing statutory accounts, engaging with our external auditors, and providing high-quality audit documentation
- reporting on a number of legal entities for group reporting purposes (IFRS) and maintaining a high-quality control environment
- delivering on other local reporting requirements, e.g., VAT and National Statistics
- driving the continuous optimisation of processes, specifically in connection with month-end closing and our reporting systems, and involvement in ad hoc projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, controlling, or similar (ACA-qualified)
- are a highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, incl. Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and have and experience with financial accounting and reporting software, preferably SAP or Hyperion
- have extensive relevant experience working in a public accounting firm or a controlling department in an international company, incl. thorough knowledge of IFRS or a local GAAP
- take an analytical and logical approach to issues and have the ability to handle the information you receive with a critical eye
- are results-oriented, set visible and relevant goals for your tasks, and are a problem-solver with a positive can-do attitude
- are fluent in both spoken and written English and preferably have a good understanding of German.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.