Strategy and business development
Senior Sustainability Advisor
Imagine a future where you, together with a team of dedicated colleagues, assure the sustainability of our biomass and help suppliers meet our requirements
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for assuring the sustainability of the forest biomass we use in our combined heat and power plants in Denmark. You’ll play a central role in helping our suppliers understand our requirements and the ever-changing regulation and making sure we document and report to our stakeholders incl. authorities, NGOs, customers, and shareholders.
Welcome to Bioenergy
You’ll be part of Bioenergy Sustainability where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure best-in-class sustainability assurance. As part of a small team and in close partnership with our colleagues in fuel procurement and logistics, you’ll engage with our suppliers and assist them to understand and comply with our requirements as they change over time. As a team, we work transparently and coordinate closely every day. We exchange ideas and knowledge and make sure our competencies are used in the best possible way.
You’ll play an important role in:
- engaging with suppliers and assuring they meet our sustainability requirements
- advising colleagues in fuel procurement and logistic on sustainability
- supporting our certification and reporting process together with the team
- implementing new regulation such as EUDR and sustainability criteria.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with the forestry sector and the timber supply chain
- preferably have experience with sustainability certification such as FSC, PEFC, SBP, or relevant regulation
- have a perseverant nature and are able to stay focused
- have good social skills and cultural understanding to build networks among both suppliers and stakeholders as well as internally in the organisation
- hold a relevant academic background.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 8 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Peter Kofod Kristensen, Director, on (Denmark +45) 99554630, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to meet with our suppliers and stakeholders to understand their challenges and advise them in the best possible way.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.