Operations and technicians
Product Developer for WTG upgrades
Imagine a future where you'll develop and roll out innovative WTG upgrades and novel retrofits across the world’s largest operational offshore flee
Join us in this role where you’ll drive end-to-end development and rollout of new WTG upgrades and retrofit products across our offshore fleet. You'll play a key role in the identification of issues and opportunities, lead the execution of product roadmaps and plans, develop business cases to minimum viable product, identify suppliers, trial proof of concept to full rollout, and track the benefits.
Welcome to Operations Product Lines
You’ll be part of Operations Digital & Innovation where you, together with your colleagues, will push the boundaries for offshore operations in a small, dedicated team of a product owner and fellow product developers. You’ll help the team develop, execute, and deliver on product roadmap for new solutions to optimise AEP, reduce OPEX, or solve technical issues on our assets. Many products are developed and implemented in collaboration with third party suppliers and IP partners, often making it challenging to leverage the market both technically and commercially. As a team, we encourage an open and transparent environment, where everyone can bring up their ideas and suggestions to learn from each other. We strive for innovation and time to experiment and learn about new technologies, trends, and ways of working.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying upgrade and retrofit opportunities across our fleet for AEP optimisation, OPEX reduction, and asset performance improvements, as well as spotting innovative technologies and solutions across the supplier market
- creating business cases, development, implementation, and rollout strategy and facilitating technology readiness assessment
- driving the development of selected products end-to-end from discovery and proof of concept to the full rollout at sites
- validating product and solution value after rollout, monitoring implementation progress and well as financial, safety and quality, and environmental benefits generated
- interacting with internal and external stakeholders on a technical and commercial level, incl. contractual negotiations on product implementation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an engineering background and hands-on wind turbine industry knowledge
- have talent to spot and realise technical and commercial opportunities in a complex stakeholder environment focused on business impact, rather than exclusively deep technical competences
- have experience with innovation or product management, preferably from an agile environment with end-to-end product lifecycle management framework and mindset
- have experience working with third party suppliers to drive innovation
- are a versatile team player with a ‘can-do’ approach and stakeholder engagement mindset.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Olga Larsen, Product Owner, on (Denmark +45) 99554223 from Mondays to Fridays between 09:00-16:00 CET, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.