IT and digital
Lead DevOps Engineer with Kubernetes focus
Imagine a future where you design our new container platform for OT applications to ensure the environment is secure, stable, and scalable
Join us in this role where you’ll lead the design and implementation of our new global on-prem Infrastructure container management and orchestration platform - Tanzu (with a focus on our on-prem technologies) based on business, application, and non-functional requirements. Apart from being engaged in operational VMware work, you’ll identify technologies, design blueprints, guidelines, and other platform related material, plus ensure that corporate security controls are imbedded in the design, implementation, and operation according to Ørsted security standards and industry best practice.
Welcome to Production IT Infrastructure IPL
You’ll be part of the Production Infrastructure team where you, together with your colleagues, will advocate proven strategies and technologies and govern the solutions roadmaps for product technologies and OT infrastructure components. Your colleagues in the team are located in both Denmark, Poland, and Malaysia, and we work in an Agile setup. This provides a great opportunity for you to take part in shaping how we incorporate agile into our team. As a team, we collaborate, embrace learning opportunities, share talent, and support mutual development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving roadmaps for product and infrastructure components, ensuring forward-thinking use and maintenance of infrastructure assets with focus on Tanzu
- incorporating security controls in our infrastructure design and implementations according to Ørsted security standards
- taking ownership of, and embracing, Shift Left Security thinking
- identifying optimisation topics for our infrastructure area, both technology, automation and process optimizations, and defining infrastructure through code via CI/CD processes
- liaising with technology suppliers, other engineers, enterprise architects, security architects, technical leads, and key stakeholders to design and implement new technologies
- shaping our journey to implement SAFe in all teams and supporting your colleagues in other IT Infrastructure teams.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have very good knowledge about Infrastructure technologies, e.g., network, compute, storage, IAM/AD, backup, monitoring, server virtualisation platforms, containers, and container management services (Kubernetes) and OT domain specific technologies like SCADA and DCS
- have good knowledge about HW and SW engineering, solution design, and documentation, with a flair for infrastructure as code via a Dev/Ops CI/CD approach
- possess good knowledge about cloud computing, incl. utilising IaaS components and design of solutions in hybrid cloud environments
- have a general knowledge about infrastructure security architecture and Shift Left Security thinking
- can plan, organise, and communicate tasks in an open and constructive environment, where English is the corporate language.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Katarzyna Piebiak, Head of Service Operations CC, on (+48) 503364759 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll travel to visit our office in Kuala Lumpur and Copenhagen.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.