IT and digital
Custom App Specialist - IT Early Careers
Imagine a future where you drive change towards the vision of having the world run entirely on green energy
Kickstart your career through our IT Early Careers development opportunity. We offer you a position where we’ll have an increased focus on developing your talent within a specialised IT area the first two years. You’ll learn from experts within the field, work with colleagues across the world, and experience a steep learning curve designed to unleash your potential.
Welcome to the IT Early Careers
The IT Early Careers programme is an early-career opportunity for you if you’re graduating with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the October of 2023.
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for providing IT technical application support while driving the ongoing effort to improve and innovate products, services, or processes. You’ll create business value by delivering and maintaining extended functionalities on document management applications. Here, you’ll apply Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology and work with the Scrum team on your daily tasks and backlog. This role provides a great opportunity for you to demonstrate both people interaction and technical skills. As a team, we foster an open, supportive, welcoming, and inclusive working culture.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating and maintaining software solutions for our business through the adoption of an Agile SAFe methodology
- participating in meetings at a team level, such as daily stand-up meetings, sprint review, sprint planning, and at an IPL level e.g., system demo, inspect and adapt, PI planning with global colleagues
- collaborating closely with the other internal IT Product Line (IPL) teams, external consultants, and key stakeholders from the business side
- working with external consultants for software upgrades or troubleshooting requirements
- working with vendors on software solutions for SaaS applications.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree or higher in IT, computer science, or engineering by October 1st
- have keen interest to analyse, investigate, and solve application issues, and have confidence to make technical decisions, while taking input from others into account
- have knowledge on Agile methodology
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to articulate business and technical requirements, a proactive mindset, and can think outside of the box to reach the desired outcome
- know IT software development process i.e., design, development, and deployment, are familiar with some development tools and applications and can understand IT system architecture i.e., Microsoft .Net C#, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Visual Studio Team Services and Azure Services.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than . We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.