Engineering and construction
Wind Turbine SCADA Engineer - Wind Energy Master's Scholarship
Imagine a future where you're responsible for wind turbine SCADA and control deliverables in our offshore wind farms around the world
Kickstart your career with our Wind Energy Master’s Scholarship. We offer you a position you’ll work as a full-time employee for two years, and on your third year, you’ll be enrolled in an online master’s education programme at Danish Technical University and will be working 30 hours per week.
Welcome to the Wind Energy Master’s Scholarship
This opportunity for students with a bachelor’s degree in engineering, procurement, or construction, is a great chance for those seeking to explore their master’s education in wind energy.
Join us in this role where you’ll work with the SCADA and control elements of our offshore wind turbine deliverables. You’ll be involved in all phases of execution, from detailed hardware and software design through to installation, commissioning, and verification, until the final handover to Operations. You’ll practice your project and stakeholder management skills whilst planning and coordinating activities between the different parties involved, whether in the office, in virtual meetings, or on site. As a team, we we’re dynamic and diverse and work on projects across the globe. You can expect to work with colleagues across geographical borders and time zones.
You’ll play an important role in:
- carrying out a detailed design of hardware, software, and interfaces for the wind turbine SCADA and control systems
- aligning the interfaces with internal and external stakeholders
- collaborating with others to ensure that the wind turbine SCADA and control systems live up to relevant cyber security policies
- verifying the SCADA and control design, and securing the supply, installation, and commissioning of the deliverables
- collecting documentation from our suppliers and handing over a safe and quality-assured system to Operations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- have a basic knowledge of control theory and automation
- have an interest in IoT, wireless communication, networks, infrastructure, and cyber security
- are comfortable with verbal and written English.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 June 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting our local offices, contractor facilities, construction sites, and fabrication yards around the world.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.