Strategy and business development
Lead Business Developer (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you’re driving project and business development activities in Germany
Join us in this role where you’ll identify and mature business and project opportunities in Germany. This includes developing strategies, identifying commercial opportunities, negotiating partnerships, preparing and performing senior management presentations, and representing the organisation at conferences and events. You’ll be working closely with our onshore and P2X teams, as well as corresponding teams in Region Central Europe.
Welcome to Market Central Europe
You’ll be part of German Market Development where you, together with your colleagues, will be at the front end of our European growth journey, focusing on winning new business for offshore wind in Germany. You’ll get the unique opportunity to combine business acumen, strategic analysis, networking abilities, negotiation, and communication skills with a strong drive for growth. We’re a team of ambitious individuals motivated by securing the organisation an attractive European project pipeline under intense competition. We trust each other and value the team over individual success. As a team, we share a genuine excitement for goals that drive and motivate us. Our working and collaboration style is defined by trust, support, transparency, empathy, and eagerness to learn.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying and maturing new business opportunities for our offshore and related activities in Germany
- preparing and presenting commercial strategies to senior management
- establishing relationships with new strategic partners and negotiating key commercial terms of partnership agreements in close cooperation with our partnerships team
- developing and executing commercial strategies together with our PtX and onshore colleagues and neighbouring markets
- developing and maintaining deep insights into and knowledge of the German offshore wind and electricity market, incl. market trends, stakeholders, and competition.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong commercial mindset and drive, see business opportunities, and can spot key drivers for success
- have industry experience and insights into European energy markets, focusing on renewables and PtX
- have an established network in the German energy industry, institutions, and authorities and an appetite to deepen it further
- are self-driven, independent, and ambitious while seeking advice when in doubt
- are solution-oriented, curious, and positive
- have fluent German and English communications skills, verbally and in writing.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application in English to us no later than 2 April 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Anja Schmelz, Head of Market Development Germany, on (Germany +49) 1624109173, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application in English via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.