IT and digital
Head of MY Software Engineering CC
Imagine a future where you’ll lead and develop people leaders in our software engineering competence centre
Join us in this role where you’ll lead the people leaders in our competence centre consisting of 200+ developers in our office in Malaysia. Your diverse team consists of ten dedicated and very skilled people leaders who are very collaborative and eager to excel for themselves and their teams. They’ve already played a central and active role in our globalisation journey and will be a great asset for us all in the next step of professionalising the way we work with software engineering.
Welcome to IT People Leadership
You’ll be part of the global IT People Leadership management team and the Kuala Lumpur (KUL) management team. The IT People Leadership management team is a small, collaborative team with representation from Poland, Malaysia, and Denmark. Together, you’ll attract, develop, and retain competence centre leaders globally, and drive IT People Leadership through the competency leaders of the organisation in close collaboration with the agile leadership teams. You’ll drive your areas of expertise and strive to continuously align and improve the people leadership agenda across. As part of the KUL management team, you’ll collaborate with the country manager and the rest of the people leaders in Kuala Lumpur.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting direction for talent in the software engineering capability area and ensuring we have and act on strategies for our development competencies
- taking responsibility for the competence strategy roadmap and identifying the need for new or updated strategies in the area, Incl. scoping
- guiding the global competence responsible (GCR) through coaching, training, and coordinating all the GCRs in the area, making sure they deliver on KPIs
- establishing and nurturing the very close collaboration with the Centres of Excellence for software engineering to further efficient and uniform ways of working
- being the reference point for global competence centre leaders in software engineering
- ensuring that all people-related activities in the software engineering team globally are coordinated and carried out, e.g., succession planning and continuous development.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience as a people leader with a proven track record of building great teams
- are well-versed in working with all part of attracting, developing, and retaining software engineering talent
- are self-driven and used to the self-led European work style in which you manage your people leaders, confer with stakeholders, bring solutions to problems, and handle their agenda for them
- have excellent stakeholder and change management skills
- are fluent in English and used to working in an international setup.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.