Engineering and construction
Lead Specialist within High Voltage Equipment
Imagine a future where you utilise your technical expertise to drive our technical ambition building electrical transmission systems for our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll provide technical leadership and direction within the High Voltage Equipment scope for our onshore and offshore substations in collaboration with a team of specialists. You’ll play a key role in developing processes and best practices based on lessons learned across the project portfolio. We offer a caring and dynamic work environment where you’ll develop your technical skillset and leadership competences. You’ll get a chance for personal development and contributing to the development of the team designing and constructing the HV power transmission systems in our offshore wind farm projects.
Welcome to High Voltage AC Equipment & Integrity
You’ll be part of this diverse and inclusive team of highly skilled engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will provide support across our pipeline of offshore wind projects. The team is conducting engineering tasks related to the sourcing, manufacturing, and installation of HV equipment. We’re involved in the entire lifecycle of our offshore wind projects, from the early stages of project development until handover of the energised wind farm. As a team, we interact with a multitude of other engineering disciplines, such as electrical system design, SCADA, protection, structural or civil engineering, HV cables, etc., to target the integration of cost-effective, fit-for-purpose, and highly available and reliable systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving the technical agenda and direction within HV AC Equipment & Integrity
- guiding, role modelling, and creating followship among the HV equipment engineers making sure their deliverables are in line with our delivery model, project schedules, budgets, and quality
- ensuring development of technical solutions that match the business needs by keeping up to date and involve with standards, new products and technologies, innovation, and R&D within the industry
- developing, maintaining, and securing a process driven approach while thriving in creating structures and tools based on best practices that continuously improve our way of working
- providing decision makers with the technical information necessary to make sound business decisions related to the HV Equipment.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have knowledge of and experience with the technical aspects related to the technology, and how the equipment can be utilised to enable HV power transmission system, improving grid stability and system performance
- have a PhD, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in electrical engineering
- have leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills and are good at handling interfaces and collaborating across cultures and functions
- have strong communication skills in English, incl. writing specifications and scientific papers as well as giving oral presentations
- thrive on collaboration in globally distributed teams utilising virtual communication tools with a high degree of diversity, inclusiveness, and equality, and with some travel activities worldwide.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 25 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ole Kjaer, Head of HVAC Equipment & Integrity, on (Denmark +45) 99555417, if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.