Strategy and business development
Sustainable Finance Student Assistant
Imagine a future where you kick-start your career by helping to create a world that runs entirely on green energy in the world’s most sustainable energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll get hands-on experience with developing and implementing best-in-class sustainability programmes and reporting, and experience how an international company works strategically with sustainability. You will have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge on sustainable finance strategy, understand investor expectations, as well as driving projects to improve our ESG performance.
Welcome to Global Sustainability
You’ll be part of ESG Engagement where you, together with your colleagues, will help develop and implement our strategic approach to sustainable finance. This includes working to deliver best-in-class ESG ratings, driving strategic ESG and sustainable finance initiatives, and developing sustainability reporting in line with investor expectations. You’ll be responsible for collecting information in the business and engaging with ESG rating agencies, as well as managing our ESG action plan through which we continuously work to improve our performance. As a team we work closely together in solving complex problems and we support each other's learning and development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leveraging our sustainability performance in the financial markets by engaging with ESG-ratings, responding to investor inquiries, and supporting the development of our strategic approach to integrating sustainable finance in our funding processes
- engaging in dialogue and consultation meetings with colleagues across multiple departments involved in the implementation of our sustainable finance programme
- supporting in the preparation of decision materials for senior management, as part of the development and daily management of our sustainable finance programme
- supporting in ad hoc department tasks, e.g., budgeting, planning of events, and organizing department documents.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are dedicated, self-driven, strive to deliver great results on time, and enjoy working with tasks that vary in nature
- can build clear, concise, and top-down structured presentations in PowerPoint to your targeted audience
- are analytical, with an eye for detail, and can keep track of data in a structured manner
- are passionate about sustainability and have some knowledge of the sustainable finance field, incl. knowledge about ESG-ratings, green bonds, and other sustainable finance products, as well as EU regulatory developments on sustainable finance, incl. the CSRD and EU Taxonomy
- are in the final year of your bachelor’s degree or have just started your master’s degree within finance, political science, business administration, economics, or similar
- are an excellent communicator, especially in written communication, and speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lisa Pakkenberg, Sustainability Advisor, on (Denmark +45) 99558841Mondays and Wednesdays from 15:00-16:30 CET; if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.