Strategy and business development
Head of Business Development
Imagine a future where you take up the challenge of driving business development activities in Sweden and Norway for the global leader within offshore wind energy
Join us in this role where you’ll identify and mature business opportunities, primarily in the Nordic market for offshore wind. This includes developing strategies, identifying commercial opportunities, negotiating partnerships, preparing and performing senior management presentations, and representing Ørsted at conferences and events. You’ll be working closely together with our Onshore and P2X teams.
Welcome to New Markets, Europe
You’ll be part of Business Development in New Markets where you, together with your colleagues, will be at the front end of our European growth journey, focusing on winning new business for offshore wind in new markets. You’ll get a unique opportunity to combine business acumen, strategic analysis, networking abilities, negotiation, and communication skills with a strong drive for growth. We’re a team of ambitious individuals motivated by securing the organisation an attractive European project pipeline under intense competition. We trust each other and value team over individual success.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying and maturing new business opportunities for our offshore and related activities, primarily in Sweden and Norway
- preparing and presenting commercial strategies to senior management
- establishing relationships with new partners and maturing and negotiating key commercial terms of partnership agreements in close cooperation with our partnership team
- identifying and evaluating regulatory positions and entering dialogues with government institutions in close collaboration with our regulatory team
- developing and maintaining deep insights into and knowledge of the offshore wind and electricity markets incl. market trends, stakeholders, and competition.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong commercial mindset and drive, see business opportunities, and can spot key drivers for success
- have industry experience and insights into the Nordic energy markets, focusing on renewables and PTX
- have an established network in the Nordic energy industry, institutions, and authorities and an appetite to deepen it further
- are self-driven, independent, and ambitious while seeking advice and sparring when in doubt
- are solution-oriented, curious, and positive
- have Norwegian or Swedish as your native language.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lasse Sundahl, Head of CE Market Development, on (Denmark +45) 99559126 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.