Finance and controlling
Senior Manager, Financial Accounting US
Imagine a future where you turn your passion into action and provide accounting leadership to help build the world’s largest energy platforms
Join us in this role where you’ll be managing a team responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, incl. month-end closing, reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls. You’ll also play a large role in process optimization, aided by your significant experience in the field.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of the Financial Accounting team where you, together with your team, will be responsible for delivering standardized, high-quality, and timely reporting products. The FAC team is united in supporting each other’s development and delivering on outcomes with integrity and by valuing teamwork.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the team that is responsible for the preparation of financial statements for all our North American corporate, joint venture and project entities,
- guiding and facilitating the assessment of transactions and business activity for appropriate accounting treatment
- overseeing the maintenance of the general ledger and the preparation of financial journals
- monitoring and managing balance sheet reconciliations, clearing accounts, and leading the follow-up procedures with stakeholders towards timely resolution of clearing items, incl. treasury, risk, payroll
- leading the month-end close process for the entities, incl. submission to the Group consolidation system, driving continuous optimization of processes
- managing a talented and committed team across multiple locations
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a CPA license, or equivalent professional qualification and experience working in a public accounting firm or an accounting department in an international company
- have thorough knowledge of US GAAP, with IFRS experience being a bonus, both from a theoretical and practical point of view
- have experience with implementing new accounting pronouncements, e.g., revenue recognition, business combinations, and leases
- take a methodical approach to your work and excel at communicating financial accounting concepts in a readily understandable manner
- can balance multiple priorities and drive timely outcomes in a fast-changing environment
- have led dynamic teams and can coach and lead your team members through effectively sharing your knowledge and experience.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 31, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.