Engineering and construction
Senior Technical Project Lead
Imagine a future where you develop, design, and construct onshore facilities for our future green renewable projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be managing design, engineering, and construction activities for onshore works, such as onshore substations, maintenance facilities, nearshore pontoons, and other onshore construction projects. The project is starting from concept layout, design, and construction until handover to our operating team. We’re looking for a candidate who is eager to make a difference and contribute to a green future.
Welcome to Civil Engineering Management
You’ll be part of a global team of 12 bright and caring engineers located in four different countries. Team collaboration is a something we embrace. You’ll be directly responsible for the onshore in relation to all matters pertaining to design, layout, construction, and interfaces. Additionally, you must ensure that all inputs and constraints from internal and external stakeholders are available in due time, from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and construction follow-up. You’ll have support from your department regarding peer review where we can learn and expand our knowledge sharing.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing relationships with internal global stakeholders to define and ensure that internal requirements are reflected in the layout and design the onshore scope of work
- managing the civil engineering and design to create concept layout with internal and external support based on early internal requirements and estimations to identify potential sites
- establishing time schedule, cost, and resource plans for conceptual, detailed design and construction of onshore facilities hereunder project scope statements
- managing relationships with EPC contractors and JV Partners
- assisting in review of EPC tenders, definition of award criteria, and selection of suppliers.
- performing construction coordination on site
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant experience in civil/structural design or civil/structural project management
- have experience managing design consultants or principal contractors within the civil industry via physical and virtual meetings
- take joy in being part of a fast-paced and diverse international environment bringing together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures, and authorities through in-person and virtual environments
- are commercially astute with managerial/technical competences, enabling you to ensure compliance with contract technical requirements
- are used to handling, coordinating, creating good relationships, and engaging with internal and external stakeholders while proactively ensuring project execution
- preferably have experience with BIM modelling as a user to make clash identifications and are able to make simple digital sketches for outline proposal only in AutoCAD or similar if needed
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 November 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Frank Zeller, , on (Denmark +45) 99558230, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.