Operations and technicians
Control Room Operator HV (f/m/d)
Imagine a future where we collaborate to create the power to satisfy Central Europe’s need for electrical power to light our cities and supply our industry
Join us in this role where you’ll be in direct control of seven offshore wind farms in two countries with more than 400 wind turbines and a combined power exceeding 3 GW, ensuring sustainable, safe, and reliable operation
Welcome to HV & Transmission Operation
You’ll be part of our Main Control Room team where you, together with your colleagues, will supervise our HV assets in Germany and Netherlands, execute switching operations in the 36kV, 66kV, and 155kV grid following a strict safety regime, maintain market relevant data, and coordinate maintenance activities with stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- executing HV switching operations remotely on our offshore substations and wind turbines
- coordinating activities with the Transmission System Operator (TenneT)
- preparing switching schedules and safety documents to enable safe work on our assets
- reporting market relevant information
- providing supervision of reliable operation of our offshore substations via SCADA.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed vocational training as an electrician or achieved a university degree in electrical engineering
- have acquired great experience in switching high-voltage switchgear on site or remotely
- perceive safety as first priority in all your decisions
- are comfortable working independently where you rely only on your own experience and training to make operational decisions
- are able to communicate fluently in written and verbal English.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 January 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Thomas Kettler, Teamlead Control Room, on +49 1520 6314 384 on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 09:00 - 10:00 CET if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.