IT and digital
Senior Cloud Data Platform Engineer
Imagine a future where you create, develop, and shape the possibilities of our Data Ecosystem, as part of the world’s most innovative energy enterprise
Join us in this role where you’ll perform both development and internal support tasks in a team of data enthusiasts who are passionate about developing platform solutions that enable the use of data in our system within the organisation. Our Ørsted Data Ecosystem is a modern cloud-based data platform facilitating the collection, processing, and consumption of data from across our business units and making it available to analysts, data scientists, and machine learning models.
Welcome to the Data Platform Competency Centre
You’ll be part of the Data Platform Competency Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will deliver value to the business across an IT organisation with more than 1000 employees. You’ll be a central part of our diverse and collaborative team which evolves, develops, and maintains the common infrastructure, libraries, and tooling of the Ørsted Data Ecosystem with colleagues from Kuala Lumpur and Denmark.
You’ll play an important role in:
- continuously improving, monitoring, maintaining, and extending the individual elements of the Data Ecosystem infrastructure in the cloud, e.g., cloud storage, queues and databases
- ensuring that the Data Ecosystem is secure, stable, cost effective, and scalable
- participating in Proof of Concepts and evaluating new tools and technologies
- collaborating with architects to set guidelines and standards for the Data Ecosystem
- developing and continuously improving shared code libraries and other tools to support data engineers and data scientists.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and securing cloud resources using Azure
- have experience with software development using Python and Docker
- have experience with version control, DevOps, and CI/CD using Azure DevOps
- potentially have experience working with Kubernetes, Kafka, Databricks, Nifi, and Azure Command-Line Interface
- are good at communicating with various types of stakeholders
- enjoy good collaboration and a teamwork ethos.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition MY, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.