Engineering and construction
HV Equipment Engineer within P2X
Imagine a future where you use your technical expertise to connect our future P2X plants to the grid
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the HV equipment for one of our future P2X plants. You’ll have a key role in securing the quality and driving cost reduction of the HV equipment. We offer a dynamic work environment where you can develop your technical skills and gain state-of-the-art knowledge within the development of P2X plants. We focus on your career aspirations and your personal development.
Welcome to Welcome to HVDC and Grid Stabilising Equipment
You’ll be part of a diverse and inclusive team of highly skilled engineers where you, together with your colleagues, will be conducting engineering tasks related to sourcing, manufacturing, and installation of HV equipment. We’re involved in the entire lifecycle of our P2X plants, from the early stages of project development until handover of the energised plant. The team has a vital role in ensuring the most cost-effective solutions related to HV equipment.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining technical requirements and participating in technical clarifications for sourcing of HV equipment for grid connection of P2X plants
- driving technical development in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- aligning and optimising electrical and mechanical interfaces with key stakeholders, such as the structural engineering department and the electrical system design department
- ensuring the quality of HV equipment through compliance with our quality process
- optimising the electrical design and participating in innovative, new, cost-efficient solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong knowledge of and experience within HV Equipment and preferably also power electronic and converter technology
- have a master’s degree or similar in electrical engineering
- understand electrical transmission system design requirements and preferably how converter technology can be utilised to improve grid stability and system performance
- have personal drive combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work
- are self-driven and demonstrate a collaborative approach, enabling you to thrive in a team.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 06 November 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jakob Boss Skaarhoej, Head of HVDC ＆ Grid Stabilizing Equipment, on (Denmark +45) 99556864 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.