Engineering and construction
Process Engineer-Power to X
Imagine a future where you deliver our ambition within renewable hydrogen and P2X e-fuels to create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll lead the process design for P2X e-fuel projects in different stages of maturity and you will work on green hydrogen, methanol, ammonia, and jet-fuel projects together with your experienced colleagues.
Welcome to Ørsted Power-to-X North America
You’ll be part of the experienced Power to X North America team where you, together with your colleagues, will share the common objective of value creation. We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and lean team backed up by a large organization. You will be involved from the early stages of project development, through concept selection, engineering, tendering, construction, and commissioning. You will be part of the owner’s team managing external engineering and equipment suppliers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- continuously building up our process design knowledge and capabilities to support our hydrogen and P2X activities as part of the core technology team
- preparing process diagrams, calculations, PIDs, and system design
- reporting to the project manager in the early stages of a project (pre-feasibility/feasibility studies) as a technical lead
- being the work package lead for process engineering reporting to the overall technical project manager in the late development (FEED) and construction stages of a project
- defining and managing work packages
- managing internal and external interfaces to other technical packages, e.g., civil, mechanical, and electrical.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a degree in chemical or process engineering
- have experience from industries like hydrogen, ammonia, methanol, synthetic fuels, large chemical plant, refineries, or other heavy process industry
- have experience in managing engineering contractors and technical package management
- have experience in preparing specifications and managing equipment packages
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-10-31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US by email on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll engage with the team based across the US and at times travel to Europe.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.