Strategy and business development
Project Manager for early-phase offshore wind projects
Imagine a future where you manage assessments of future wind farm projects and markets
Join us in this role where you’ll work with the assessment of early-stage offshore wind farm projects throughout the screening and early concept phase, having responsibility for scoping and managing fast-track feasibility studies. Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for coordinating between numerous internal stakeholders and regularly providing input to the presentation of results that are vital for the direction of market and project development globally.
Welcome to Project Assessment
You’ll be part of Project Assessment, where many technical and commercial aspects meet, and where you, together with your colleagues, will contribute to shaping future wind farm solutions. We manage and prioritise work of close colleagues to maximise value creation of our early-stage project assessments for the organisation. The department is involved in both the technical and commercial components in the early-stage wind farm development and consists of highly experienced employees. Through your work, you’ll gain knowledge of the main drivers, key threats, and key opportunities for future offshore wind farms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- scoping, managing, and executing fast-track feasibility studies for offshore wind farms, with a focus on the impact of the technical definition on the financial results
- coordinating communication with stakeholders including internal customers and ensuring agreement on technical solutions
- ensuring the quality of inputs, results and presentation of project assessments, and analysing results across many feasibility studies
- prioritising between actions on feasibility studies on a daily basis
- continuously developing and optimising our tools and processes for project assessments
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience within one or more of the following areas: development, construction, or operations, in connection with offshore wind
- have a relevant master’s degree e.g., an MSc.
- are forward-looking and foresee the possibilities of the future within a wind farm project from both technical and commercial perspectives
- demonstrate strong collaborative skills, with the ability to challenge and work with colleagues from different backgrounds
- have strong project management skills, incl. the ability to drive and optimise results-oriented processes
- speak and write English fluently and are a good communicator, both in writing and when communicating with your team and stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Lotte Sarbaek Salling, Head of Project Assessment, on (Denmark +45) 99552651, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.