IT and digital
Senior Data Engineer
Imagine a future where you develop cloud-based platform solutions that enable the use of data across disciplines and business areas
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to architect and build end-to-end data engineering solutions that provide the foundation for an enterprise platform for cloud-based analytics across the company. You’ll be advising the business on how to enable data to increase business value and our team is committed to deliver on our company’s digital strategy and create a strong platform for analytics, model management, machine learning, etc. – all built on cloud technologies.
Welcome to the Data Platform Competency Centre
You’ll be part of the Data Platform Competency Centre where you, together with your colleagues, will develop the Group’s data backbone and inspire and advise stakeholders on how to enable data. The team consists of professionals who are passionate about data management, data engineering, data science, and integration technologies. You’ll be a part of the Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and will therefore work closely with product owners, subject matter experts, and business stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- writing production-grade, peer-reviewed Python and SQL code with automated tests
- building, evolving, and maintaining the ingestion pipelines to the Ørsted Data Ecosystem and ensuring that data is secure, stabile, and performing well
- maintaining a dialogue with the business data scientist community to optimise data packaging and structuring to enable reuse and support of common business scenarios
- participating in the development of capabilities and governance of the data platform
- setting up the monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have significant development experience using Python and substantial experience with RDBMS and SQL
- have solid experience working with Spark/PySpark and NiFi
- have solid experience with cloud platforms and container technology as we use Kubernetes and Docker
- have experience monitoring and orchestrating data pipelines
- have experience with Linux and Linux-based applications.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.