Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Imagine a future where you’re on the front line of building a clean energy future, using your legal background in ways you may have never thought possible
Join us in this role where you’ll advise our onshore business units on all matters that require legal assistance and advice. This includes negotiating commercial contracts, primarily in real estate, but also in other areas critical to renewable energy development, such as power offtake, M&A, and consulting agreements. Additional responsibilities include leading certain regulatory compliance efforts regarding real estate matters, as well as creating and revising legal form template documents.
Welcome to Group Support
You’ll be part of our Onshore legal team where you, together with your 5 colleagues, will use your real estate and corporate law expertise to support the achievement of our company’s mission to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. Our business relies extensively upon our legal knowledge and commercial awareness, and we also value our employees greatly, going the extra mile to help everyone succeed.
You’ll play an important role in:
- procuring site control to enable the development of onshore renewable energy projects
- supporting interactions with local governments on permitting issues
- assisting in the compliance process, e.g., AFIDA compliance
- advising the Onshore business team on legal matters the business is dealing with
- managing outside counsel that assists with the above tasks, where necessary.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a law degree (J.D.) from an accredited institution
- have at least four years’ experience as a real estate associate at a law firm, or direct in-house real estate experience tied to renewable energy
- are a problem-solver and pay close attention to detail
- possess strong communication skills and the ability to give clear advice
- have a positive attitude and a cooperative mindset.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than September 26, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.