IT and digital
Imagine a future where you’ll unleash your potential and drive the cloud transformation of our Energy Trading system landscape
Join us in this role where you’ll take part in the digital transformation of the energy trading landscape. We’re on an exciting journey, moving from a legacy to a cloud based, event-driven architecture. You’ll co-drive supplier and technology evaluation when we build or buy new cloud solutions, and not least, govern the roadmap and calibrate with agreed architectures and designs. Supported by architects and subject matter experts (SMEs), you’ll ensure optimal architectural decisions.
Welcome to Architecture and Technology
You’ll be part of the system team in the Markets and Risk Agile Release Train (ART), which is an agile delivery organization where you, together with your colleagues, will create and maintain the digital landscape for our commodity and treasury trading, as well as risk management. We offer a role with many touch points and involvement across all levels in the organisation for some of our key objectives. Furthermore, you’ll have an anchor point in the Architecture and Technology competency centre – a community of 90+ architects across Ørsted.
You’ll play an important role in:
- proactively investigating and documenting tightly scoped areas of the system landscape for inclusion in the Energy Trading transformation roadmap, e.g., using 5 R’s of cloud migration
- engaging with business and IT SMEs in translating design forum decisions and ETRM transformation roadmap into features on the ART backlog
- working with ART leadership, product owners, and others involved, ensuring all are on the same page and move in the right direction for our transformation
- engaging with business and IT SMEs in preparing and reviewing materials (requests for Comment/Architectural decision records) for the M&R Design Forum
- bringing insights to product owners and architects from the latest development in streaming, cloud and IT developments within energy and commodity markets
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience with developing architectures and architectural governance in a large transformation or delivery organisation
- have a strong technological ballast, where ‘cloud’ plays a central role
- have experience with the energy domain or financial industry, which is an advantage, but what is most important is an eagerness to take on a steep learning curve
- have a skill to transform complex matters into simple and lasting solutions, and are good at describing and communicating the desired architecture
- take responsibility for issues and clarify them with peers at all levels
- have a flair for stakeholder management, enjoy building relations, and are a team player.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Pawel Kropielnicki, Head of Architecture ＆ Security, on (Poland +48) 507972013 on Mondays and Tuesdays from 08:30-09:30 CET; Central European Time, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.