Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Imagine a future where you work at the cutting edge of the offshore wind industry, playing a leading role in delivering high-quality wind farm projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team of environment and consenting experts working on the largest portfolio of offshore wind farm projects in the world, which will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your career and influence the industry.
Welcome to Environment & Consents
You’ll be part of our Environment and Consents team where you, together with your colleagues, will help to construct pioneering offshore wind farm projects. You’ll lead a team of experts working in the pre-construction and construction phase of one of our flagship projects. As Consent Manager, you’ll focus on people leadership and working closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the project on time and in accordance with relevant environmental and planning legislation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading a consents team of several environment managers who, in turn, will lead on specific topic areas encountered during the development phase
- understanding the business needs and ensuring the project meets key delivery milestones
- working closely with construction packages to discharge planning conditions, ensure the contractors are compliant with our planning conditions, and attend site as needed
- leading on innovation and forward thinking, since the rapidly growing industry requires us to grow and adapt with it
- representing the Environment & Consents department and our organisation in relation to key stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience of managing a team of people
- can deliver on time and to budget while managing competing demands, in line with project priorities and stakeholder advice
- can effectively communicate with a wide group of stakeholders, explain complex issues, and actively solve problems
- preferably have demonstrable expertise in project management or a particular environmental or planning field
- ideally have experience in the offshore wind sector, though we welcome relevant experience from other large infrastructure projects.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 26 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK, Gavin Scarff, Head of O&M Consents, on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.