Engineering and construction
Metocean Measurement Engineer
Imagine a future where you take on the personal and technical challenges of being our Measurements Engineer on offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll gather requirements from stakeholders across the organisation, incl. experts in wave assessment, loads analysis, foundation design, and site classification. Based on their requests, you’ll design and execute the Metocean measurement campaigns, related to Wind, Waves, Current, and Environment, for our upcoming wind farms.
Welcome to Asset Value Engineering Measurements
You’ll be part of Measurements where you, together with your colleagues, will work alongside a project manager and other campaign-related engineers in designing, executing, and maintaining measurement campaigns or equipment.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being an enthusiastic member within the Metocean area of specialism, as part of the in-house knowledge hub for Metocean measurement equipment, covering wind, wave, tidal, and ocean current measurement
- taking responsibility for Metocean equipment, incl. coordination with the local site HSE organisation
- ensuring that measurements are of the required quality to match the campaign specification
- working in close contact with in-house stakeholders to identify campaign requirements, acting as subject matter engineer during procurement negotiations, managing contractors from preparation to execution phases
- contributing actively to the development of our knowledge base and participating in solving related development tasks and studies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant education within engineering or the natural sciences, possess substantial operational experience within the areas of expertise, and are willing to undertake a GWO-certification in order to work offshore
- have a good knowledge of Metocean measurements, incl. key technologies, such as wave buoys or radars, and current profilers by ADCPs, as well as floating or ground-based LiDARs, with biodiversity knowledge being a bonus
- are used to interacting with contractors and are familiar with the procurement process and negotiations
- are strongly analytical when it comes to data and possess a good knowledge of IT
- are preferably acquainted with the full life cycle of offshore wind farm projects and have experience of working in complex matrix organisations, incl. experience with managing contractors
- speak and write English fluently, have good communication skills, and can present results professionally to your colleagues and stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Bonnesen, Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99559578 on Thursdays from 15:00-10:00 CEST; Central European Summer Time if you’d like to know more about the position. Please note that these contact days are limited to three Thursdays in August, i.e., 4, 11, and 18 August 2022. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in hybrid (office and homeworking) set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.