Engineering and construction
Power Transmission Yard Project Manager
Imagine a future where you ensure the safe delivery of new offshore converter stations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for managing the site execution of two of our flagship offshore wind farm converter stations. You’ll be responsible for the execution of the construction scope of the offshore converter station in Thailand and Norway in collaboration with the selected EPCI contractor, and for all matters pertaining to the delivery of this scope.
Welcome to Power Transmission Project Execution
You’ll be part of the Power Transmission Project Execution department where you, together with your yard team, will assume full responsibility for the delivery of two new offshore converter stations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing and leading our site office and organisation, incl. the overall project requirements, schedule, sub-suppliers, free issued material, quality management and surveillance, interfaces, HSE, resources, risks, and stakeholders
- ensuring team performance of the site organisation in cooperation with the offshore converter station package manager and the wider project organisation
- ensuring compliance with safety and technical standards
- being responsible for leading and motivating the site team, enabling them to become a high-performing team able to deliver the scope safe and compliant within time and budget.
To succeed in the role, you’ll:
- have a degree in engineering or similar depending on yard/site management experience and have a proven track record in safety performance and leadership of large-scale offshore platform construction sites
- have extensive experience with site and project management of multidisciplinary, offshore construction projects, preferably from the offshore wind or oil and gas industry
- have strong stakeholder- and relationship management capability and solid understanding of the interfaces to the other packages in a wind farm development project
- have a solid understanding of the technical and engineering disciplines involved in an offshore platform EPCI delivery and experience with managing site work under EPCI contracts
- have strong intercultural skills and thrive in a fast-paced and diverse international environment bringing together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures, and authorities
- have an interest in potentially expatriating for a longer period to Thailand and Norway when constructing the converter station.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Marco Cantini, Head of Substations Project Execution, on (Denmark +45) 99558048 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.