Jr. Sourcing Manager
Imagine a future where you source contracts to create a diverse and inclusive world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be supporting the construction of offshore wind farms by securing and managing supplier contracts covering a diverse field of services. You’ll manage the proper handling of contracts and claims, holding responsibility for managing competitive tenders and conducting supplier negotiations.
Welcome to NA Procurement
You’ll be part of a growing and diverse US team of more than 15 colleagues which prides itself on inclusivity where you, together with your colleagues, will oversee transitioning vendors from sourcing to contract management, as well as track and negotiate changes to contracts with important suppliers across the globe.
You’ll play an important role in:
- building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support the realization and optimization of commercial value
- proactively handling commercial issues arising from contracts, incl. issues related to supplier performance and contract interpretation
- delivering strategic sourcing processes from start to finish, i.e., market analysis, tender documentation, supplier outreach, negotiations, and implementation
- ensuring contractual alignment between business and project objectives
- being responsible for sourcing contracts that support the development and construction of offshore wind projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of experience, or alternatively 3-5 years of relevant experience in strategic sourcing or contract management
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, with an ability to balance competing priorities in a large matrixed organization
- are a quick learner and eager to develop new areas of knowledge and build your procurement skillset
- have exceptional communication skills and are able to build trust and strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than July 29, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.