Finance and controlling
Analyst, Finance and Business Development
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of a caring and ambitious team that deliver high-profile transactions and investment decisions
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the execution of project financings, M&A transactions, and investment approvals in alignment with the strategic objectives of our Onshore organizational unit. You’ll provide analytical support and defensible recommendations to internal stakeholders for the purpose of driving value to Onshore’s operating portfolio and development pipeline.
Welcome to Onshore Commercial
You’ll be part Finance & Business Development where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of the Project Finance and Business Development team and support the business with raising tax equity, advancing the organic pipeline of projects, and leading M&A transactions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing analytical support to the Development, Engineering & Construction, and Origination departments on development projects and M&A projects to improve decision-making and optimization value
- collaborating with the Origination and Asset Management departments to proactively identify opportunities to improve the operating cash flow and reduce risk for the Onshore portfolio
- ensuring end-to-end economic reviews and structuring of offtake solutions, including supporting the Origination interface with the US Trading department
- working closely with the Decision Support department in providing finance and origination-related input to Onshore approval requests for pre-FID, FID, and M&A projects
- supporting the Onshore strategy in assessing the commercial viability of longer-term strategic initiatives.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have early-level experience in project finance or from M&A roles focused primarily on utility-scale wind or solar projects
- have a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or engineering
- possess superior analytical and financial modeling skills and expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- have a keen interest in energy markets, offtake structures, project development, and renewable energy
- are able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and are willing to learn more about the business and apply that knowledge to create value or reduce risk.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-05-31. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.