Finance and controlling
Senior or Lead Risk Manager
Imagine a future where your strong flair for numbers, data, and market risk is used to manage price- and production risk from a portfolio of green energy assets
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for understanding, managing, and reporting on market price- and production risk from power plants, wind farms, and complex non-linear payment structures from subsidies and long-term power sales agreements. You’ll do this by engaging with colleagues and asset owners and analysing data to understand the risk nature of the assets, ensuring that risk is correctly represented in our systems, preparing reports, and ensuring that risk mandates and hedging requirements are fulfilled.
Welcome to Merchant Risk
You’ll be part of our newly established Merchant Risk Continental Europe team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the end-to-end market risk from Ørsted's Continental European assets and contracts, asset specific hedging frameworks, mandates, and risk models as well as reporting and internal hedge execution. Our team consists of seven bright, and ambitious people, primarily with experience from the energy or financial sector. The team is part of the Merchant Risk department that consists of four teams, one located in the US and three in Denmark.
You’ll play an important role in:
- performing data-driven analysis and reporting on market and production risk plus hedges
- communicating risk insights and analysis in an intuitive way, both verbally and in presentation material
- understanding and being on top of energy-related risk from assets and contracts, including hedges executed in the traded markets
- operating and optimising models for internal transfers of energy- and currency risk to front office teams
- driving risk related tasks with stakeholders from various teams, including commercial teams and risk system developers
To succeed in the role, you:
- have solid experience with market risk management or similar, and have a good understanding of derivatives, risk models, and hedging strategies
- have a master’s degree within a relevant area e.g., finance, economics, mathematics or an alternative background with strong relevant experience
- are a fast learner who quickly understands complex structures
- are a good communicator of complex topics, both verbally, in writing, and through presentations and you share your opinions in open discussions while being ready to change your mind based on the dialogue and good arguments
- have strong capabilities in working with data, analysis, and models, and tools like Excel/VBA, sql, Power BI and similar, potentially also basic Python programming skills
- know the importance of and are motivated by performing and optimizing operational task.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jonas Prisum Brandt, Director, on +4599554333 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.