Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Maryland Market Manager
Imagine a future where you take on the exciting challenge of supporting the establishment and expansion of Ørsted in the United States
Join us in this role where you’ll work closely with the Head of Government Affairs and Policy for Maryland and Delaware to develop and implement market engagement strategies for the Maryland market, bolster our competitive position, and de-risk Skipjack Wind and future development projects.
Welcome to Government Affairs and Market Strategy
You’ll be part of our dynamic team with diverse skill sets across a wide range of disciplines like government relations, stakeholder engagement, communications, public relations, branding and marketing, union relations, and workforce development. Together with your colleagues, you’ll maintain and strengthen positive working relationships with local elected officials, environmental NGOs, local community organizations, and other key internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll play an important role in:
- promoting Ørsted and Skipjack Wind by serving as the day-to-day public face representing Ørsted with local communities, businesses, local community organizations, and elected officials
- representing Ørsted and Skipjack where necessary and appropriate, such as events, speaking opportunities, etc.
- supporting Ørsted’s reputation and help develop community-level support for Skipjack Wind and Ørsted in Maryland, with emphasis in important geographic areas and with key constituencies
- serving as subject matter expert on the American offshore wind industry for local Maryland audiences
- closely coordinating with the teams responsible for external local community engagement, in coordination with the Head of Government Affairs and Policy for Maryland and Delaware
- cultivating strong cross-disciplinary internal relationships to effectively inform project-specific needs.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least five years of experience in energy-related government affairs and market strategy
- are able to work independently with a wide range of stakeholder interests, and possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- have demonstrated experience working with located elected officials, environmental NGOs, and local community organizations
- have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 23, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.