Engineering and construction
Electrical Project Development Manager
Imagine a future where you energize our future portfolio of offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll support the early-stage development of the electrical transmission scope across our pipeline of development projects located in US waters. You’ll be based in our local office in Providence or Boston, where you’ll be working together with colleagues in the development projects and local stakeholders.
Welcome to Electrical Project Management
You’ll be part of a growing team where you, together with your colleagues, will develop and deliver the electrical transmission system of our future US-based offshore wind farms. You’ll be working together with your colleagues across the Atlantic at our European competence center and play a key role in establishing a footprint in the US market of offshore wind
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing, planning, and coordinating development initiatives to address challenges of connecting large-scale offshore wind power plans to the US transmission network
- developing conceptual electrical system designs and outlining construction schedules for the development project pipeline, including offshore and onshore cable route selection
- developing main drivers for electrical system inputs to the business case and ensuring optimization of the conceptual onshore design and construction schedule
- identifying opportunities for synergies across the electrical system scope of the organization's development project pipeline
- collaborating with Project Development to manager costs, schedule, requirements, constraints, assumptions, and risks
- liaising with the organization's competence centers to capture lessons learned, implement best practices, and harvest portfolio synergies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have substantial experience developing or constructing high voltage electrical substations and underground transmission assets for generation projects in the Northeast US
- are acquainted with electrical grid code requirements for large generator assets in PJM, ISO-NE, and NYISO regions
- consistently demonstrating a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work and enjoy working both independently and with colleagues and business partners
- thrive in an international environment and have the ability to convey complex issues to internal and external stakeholders
- have more than 5 years’ experience working with high voltage transmission systems, utility scale generation, or construction projects
- hold a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or similar, and have a PMP certification or similar training and certification.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 7, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.