Engineering and construction
Senior SCADA Wind Farm Control Engineer
Imagine a future where you implement and test our overall control philosophy in our offshore wind farms around the world
Join us in this role where you’ll work closely with the engineers in each scope, whilst implementing the overall control philosophy across our wind turbines, transformers, and high voltage components. You’ll utilise your stakeholder management skills while planning and coordinating the many activities taking place in the office, whether in virtual meetings or on site. Throughout the wind farm construction, you’ll conduct grid compliance and other site tests, collect, and analyse data, and thoroughly document the results in test reports.
Welcome to SCADA
You’ll be part of SCADA WTG where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for wind turbine SCADA and control systems. We have high ambitions for safety and security, and you’ll engage in realising them while using your proficiency in SCADA and control theory. Our dynamic and diverse team work on global projects. The team is currently based in the UK and Continental Europe, but as we’re expanding, you can expect to work with colleagues across border and time zones.
You’ll play an important role in:
- aligning with internal and external parties on the wind farm control requirements
- interpreting, implementing, and documenting the overall control philosophy across the wind farm components
- specifying SCADA and dynamic control solutions, verifying their design, supply, installation, and commissioning
- planning, coordinating, and executing grid compliance tests and other site tests, in collaboration with internal and external parties
- collecting and analysing test data and documenting the test results in reports
- contributing to the continuous development of new methods and technologies to improve the performance and usability of our wind farm control systems.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- have a solid background in control theory
- are an initiator who takes ownership of your scope and have a structured way of managing your stakeholders
- have experience with SCADA hardware and software solutions, preferably combined with on-site experience
- have an interest in communication networks, infrastructure, and cyber security
- speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel P. Friis-Holm Stæhr, Head of SCADA WTG, on +4599555256 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll participate in an extensive onboarding at our main offices in Gentofte near Copenhagen during your first months of employment. In the longer term, you should expect some travelling as you’ll be visiting, e.g., our local offices, contractor facilities, construction sites, and fabrication yards around the world.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.