Strategy and business development
Senior Sustainability Advisor to drive key ESG engagement priorities
Imagine a future where you further grow your career working at the crossing between sustainability, ESG, and finance in one of the world’s most sustainable companies
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for driving key priorities in the sustainable finance space, including defining sustainability criteria for green or KPI-linked financing mechanisms and securing EU Taxonomy alignment. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) and sustainable finance is on the rise, and we aim to be best in class.
Welcome to Global Sustainability
You’ll be part of the ESG Engagement team where you, together with your colleagues, will collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders with a mission to attract, ease access to, and lower the cost of ESG capital from institutional investors and banks. We offer hands-on experience with interacting in the complex and fast-developing crossing between stakeholders such as investors, rating agencies, and banks as well as financial, regulatory, accounting, and sustainability colleagues. In this role, you’ll be a key influencer for decision-making.
You’ll play an important role in:
- tracking, proposing, and contributing to the implementation of innovative sustainable finance solutions such as sustainability-linked loans and bonds
- ensuring accurate, timely, and best-in-class performance in compliance with EU sustainable finance regulation, including EU Taxonomy alignment
- strategically co-developing green financing reporting products and frameworks, including our company’s ‘Green bond framework’ and annual ‘Green bond impact report’
- engaging with investors and banks, as well as financial, regulatory, accounting, and sustainability colleagues to influence decision-making and build strategic priorities
- engaging with ESG and credit rating agencies on their methodologies and supporting Investor Relations in responding to individual investor inquiries on ESG
- systematically tracking trends and performance gaps within ESG and sustainable finance, including upcoming regulatory requirements and peer performance, in order to inform strategic decision-making.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant master’s degree and solid experience within ESG and sustainable finance, ideally from a large company, investor, bank, or consultancy
- are well acquainted with the ESG and sustainable finance space, including sustainable financing mechanisms in the fixed income market, EU Taxonomy alignment, the TCFD recommendations, and ESG ratings
- are curious about trends and best practice within the space, ready to define their relevance for the company, and possess an ability to translate such findings into concrete deliverables and action plans
- have proven skills in navigating and project managing complex matters in a large organisation with a variety of different stakeholders
- have a strong analytical mindset and can develop well-structured and convincing analyses, positions, and decision-materials of high quality.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 15 December 2021 as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christine Sobieski, Head of ESG Engagement, on +4599554111 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Candidates can call from Monday to Thursday between 16-17 CET.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.