Finance and controlling
Finance and Business Development Summer Internship
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of a caring and ambitious team of colleagues who deliver high-profile transactions and investment decisions
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the execution of project financings, M&A transactions, and investment approvals in alignment with the strategic objectives of our Onshore business unit. You’ll provide analytical support and defensible recommendations to internal stakeholders for the purpose of driving value to Onshore’s operating portfolio and development pipeline.
Welcome to Onshore Commercial
You’ll be part of Finance & Business Development where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of the project finance and business development team and support the business with raising tax equity, advancing the organic pipeline of projects, and leading M&A transactions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing analytical support to the Development, Engineering & Construction, and Origination departments on development projects and M&A projects of all stages to improve decision-making and optimize value
- collaborating with the Origination and Asset Management departments to proactively identify opportunities to improve the operating cash flow and reduce risk for the Onshore development and operating portfolio
- ensuring end-to-end economic review and structuring of offtake solutions, including supporting the Origination interface with the US Trading department to identify ways to leverage the platform to align with external customer needs
- working closely with the Decision Support department in providing finance and origination-related input to Onshore approval requests for pre-FID, FID, and M&A projects
- supporting the Onshore strategy in assessing the commercial viability of longer-term strategic initiatives.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have entry-level experience in project finance
- have a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or engineering
- possess superior analytical and financial modeling skills and expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- have a keen interest in energy markets, offtake structures, project development, and renewable energy
- are able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and are willing to learn more about the business and apply that knowledge to create value or reduce risk.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12-11-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.