Engineering and construction
Senior SCADA WTG Engineer
Imagine a future where you secure the wind turbine SCADA and control deliverables in our offshore wind farms around the world
Join us in this role where you’ll handle the SCADA and control elements of our wind turbine deliverables, covering all phases from detailed hardware and software design through installation, commissioning, and verification until the final handover to Operations. You’ll utilise your project and stakeholder management skills, while planning and coordinating the many activities between the involved parties taking place in the office, in virtual meetings, and on site.
Welcome to SCADA
You’ll be part of SCADA WTG where you together with your colleagues will be responsible for wind turbine SCADA and control systems in our offshore wind farms. We have high ambitions for safety and security, and you’ll engage in realising them while using your proficiency in SCADA and electrical engineering. We’re a dynamic and diverse team working on projects globally. The team is currently based in the UK and continental Europe, but we’re expanding, and you can expect to work with colleagues across geographical borders and time zones.
You’ll play an important role in:
- executing the SCADA and control sections in our wind turbine contracts in close collaboration with colleagues and suppliers
- carrying out detailed design of hardware, software, and interfaces for the wind turbine SCADA and control systems
- ensuring that the wind turbine SCADA and control systems live up to relevant cyber security policies
- verifying the SCADA and control design, supply, installation, and commissioning
- collecting documentation from our suppliers and handing over a safe and quality assured system to Operations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, and have a background in the field of control and automation
- are an initiator who takes ownership of your scope and thrive in a project or stakeholder manager role
- have solid experience with the design of SCADA hardware and software solutions combined with on-site experience
- have an interest in communication networks, infrastructure, and cybersecurity
- speak and write English fluently as we operate in an international environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 January 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel P. Friis-Holm Stæhr, Head of SCADA WTG, on +4599555256 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do 10-25% travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll participate in an extensive onboarding at our main offices in Gentofte near Copenhagen during your first months of employment. In the longer term, you should expect some travelling as you’ll be visiting, e.g., our local offices, contractor facilities, construction sites, and fabrication yards around the world..
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.