Operations and technicians
High Voltage (HV) & Transmission System Manager
Imagine a future where you take part in the development of safely operating our transmission asset in the US
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring compliance with US legislation and our electrical safety rules regarding the operation and maintenance of the electrical systems. You’ll also be responsible for developing, and later heading, a team of site specialists and technicians executing the day-to-day operation and maintenance of our North East transmission assets.
Welcome to Operations NA
You’ll be part of Regional Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will find both constructive and practical solutions to various challenges as dynamic professionals. In this position, you’ll build strong relationships with your key stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing a strong electrical HSE culture and ensuring a continuous focus on maintaining and improving standards related to how electrical safety is managed on site
- planning, directing, and managing the operation of our transmission assets – consisting of onshore and offshore substations, incl. responsibility for quality, budget, and resources
- being responsible for setting up training for authorized personnel and contractors in accordance with our electrical safety rules
- being responsible for the execution of energization and operation of our transmission asset, management of contractors, and service agreements related to the transmission asset
- supporting the continuous development of our strategy for the North East projects and any upcoming US offshore assets in accordance with our asset management policy.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 7+ years’ experience in high voltage operational management, ideally within engineering or utilities – experience with the national grid operator is an advantage
- have proven experience and insights into US legislation towards electrical safety and requirements, ideally with experience of coordinating activities and resource management
- are able to create excellent results through teamwork and develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners
- possess a valid passport or the ability to obtain one
- possess strong communication skills and the ability to communicate smoothly with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- thrive with working both independently and in collaboration with your colleagues to establish good relations and use intercompany networks effectively.
- can pass the physical and medical tests for the Global Wind Organization certification, incl. working at heights, sea survival, first aid & CPR, and HUET helicopter transfer
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than October 31, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll be based at our office in Port Jefferson, NY. However, you should expect some traveling in relation to your work, both domestically and potentially to our offices in Europe.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.