Operations and technicians
Hub Support Manager
Imagine a future where you’ll be part of the team developing and managing our operations hub functions in our Northeast program
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for supporting the regional operations and maintenance of our offshore wind turbines and transmission assets. This Onshore position will be based in the Operational Hub building in Port Jefferson, New York. You should expect to visit the wind farm and achieve the required training and certification to go offshore when necessary.
Welcome to Operations
You’ll be part of the Northeast Program where you, together with your colleagues, will support the daily operations onshore and the teams working offshore. In collaboration with your colleagues in the Operations Regional Support department, you’ll work with subject matter experts on e.g., HV and transmission systems, project and contractor management, technical site supervision etc.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing a strong Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) culture within the Hub support functions to ensure the QHSE standard is supported, maintained, and improved
- being accountable for the team delivering integrated hub plans and schedules, detailing all project and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) work across the sites
- being responsible for delivering a service across sites that enables safe transit and access to the assets to perform O&M
- executing vessel movements outlined in the plans and schedules while being responsible for vessel tracking, people tracking, and Operational Control under safe systems of work
- managing onshore operations, Balance of Plant (BoP) scheduled service and maintenance, and on-site project management across the hub as applicable
- managing contractors and third parties as well as the alignment with back-office teams coming to site.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess a bachelor’s degree or 6 years of relevant experience
- possess 6 years’ experience working in health and safety critical environments along with experience working in a dynamic environment
- have demonstrated management and leadership within an engineering or utilities business along with organizational, project, and time management skills
- can pass the physical and medical tests for the Global Wind Organization certification, incl. working at heights, sea survival, first aid & CPR, and HUET helicopter transfer
- can work in the US without requiring sponsorship, are a New York State resident, and can obtain a passport.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than October 31, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll be based at our office in Port Jefferson, NY. However, you should expect some traveling in relation to your work, both domestically and potentially to our offices in Europe.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.