Strategy and business development
Senior data science developer with a passion for Flask/Shiny
Imagine a future where you design applications in collaboration with a skilled team passionate about innovating the clean energy business model
Join us in this role where you’ll work with analysts to design, develop, and maintain highly usable applications in either Python/Flask or R/Shiny, getting involved in data pipelining and analysis as necessary and desired. These tools will directly support our clean energy business, so experience and interest in the industry is highly valued. Over time, we hope you’ll embrace the expansive scope and ambition of our platform and contribute broadly to global performance.
Welcome to Ørsted Onshore
You’ll be part of Strategy where you, together with your colleagues, will lead Ørsted thinking in its existing and potential operations. We demonstrate new business cases, advise on development and M&A transactions, coordinate closely with the Market Fundamentals team to develop global forecasts, perform corporate development activities, and lead internal consulting efforts to maintain Ørsted’s leadership in the renewable energy industry. The Strategy team also houses analytical talent as a shared and coordinated resource across the rest of the business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- translating the Strategy team’s existing R-, Python-, and Excel-based analysis into deployment-ready Flask or Shiny applications
- designing new analysis, data pipelines, and tooling, working coordination with IT as necessary
- helping other business teams achieve success by co-designing and building solutions to their challenges
- leading continual improvement and maintenance of deployed applications according to user feedback and operational changes within the business
- developing basic APIs for other teams to access the Strategy team’s analytical output.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are fluent in R or Python for data manipulation and have strong experience using SQL
- have a passion for Flask or Shiny development, with demonstrable past project experience - interest and experience with more front-end technologies is welcomed
- are comfortable developing code on *nix systems and are familiar with industry standard practices like job scheduling, version control, containerization, and load-balancing
- are familiar with US power market operations or renewable energy technologies.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2021-11-15. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
This role is preferably based out of our Boston office, although the location is flexible for the right candidate.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.