Student assistant in EPC & Operations
Imagine a future where you help organise the timely delivery and transportation of biomass to our power plants in Denmark
Join us in this role where you’ll assist the entire logistics team with their day-to-day business, from supporting laytime calculations to registering and analysing vessel time spent in port. You’ll also help to define and shape new and smarter workflows.
Welcome to EPC & Operations
You’ll be part of the Logistics department where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that our power plant is always sufficiently stocked, enabling us to supply green power and energy. You’ll be part of a small but very dedicated team of logistics coordinators and shipping specialists. Within our shipping department, which presently consist of only 6 employees with long seniority within shipping and logistics, your role will involve providing support for specialist tasks, but not exclusively.
You’ll play an important role in:
- registering fuel and bunker prices for internal use
- performing laytime calculation and assisting in the handling of potential demurrage or dispatch disputes, for internal as well as external tonnage
- registering, reporting, and distributing information to external service providers and authorities
- performing voyage checks, incl. a detailed register of time used for voyages performed by our own vessels
- helping to define a new and smarter workflow standardisation.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are studying financial or logistics management, business administration, or similar
- have strong verbal and written English and Danish skills
- are open-minded and friendly, with a sense of humour
- have solid analytical skills, as well as a good understanding of the various stakeholders and roles in logistics and trading
- are a proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- are self-motivated and enjoy working in small groups, with a flat organisational structure.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 October 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Niels Ole Birkemose Christensen, Manager, on +4599555589 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.