Finance and controlling
Senior Risk Analyst
Imagine a future where you assist in identifying commodity price and currency risk, shaping the framework for managing it and facilitate the hedge execution
Join us in this role where you’ll be working as a partner to our teams planning for and procuring commodities for constructing wind farms, e.g., steel and copper, and our Danish power plants. You’ll be assisting them in understanding and handling the commodity price and currency risk associated with their assets and contracts. You’ll furthermore be involved in managing the energy price and currency risk in a growing pipeline of projects around the world, long-term power purchase agreements, and risk measurement and reporting of the financial hedging in our trading department.
Welcome to Merchant Risk
You’ll be part of Commercial and Operations & EPC Risk Partners where you’ll be joining a team of curious, bright, and commercial-oriented colleagues who’ll help you grow your talent. You’ll have a large set of stakeholders across the organisation where you’ll interact with many different nationalities and backgrounds.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being a natural partner to our stakeholders helping them understand and manage commodity price and currency risk associated with their activities
- advising on commodity price and currency risk in contract negotiation of supply agreements of commodities and driving various ad hoc analysis to e.g., evaluate hedging strategy or hedge efficiency
- optimising the hedging strategy and running the framework for hedging Danish power plants
- driving the process of preparing the risk management systems for execution of the agreed hedge strategy or new products on commodities in asset construction and power plants
- being on top of commodity price exposures before and after hedges, ensuring compliance with risk mandates and communicating to stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, or similar and, preferably, experience within financial or energy risk or trading etc.
- can create results through teamwork and develop good relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders
- are analytically strong with a commercial mind-set and can communicate complex matters in a simple way
- are curious and have a strong personal drive, besides being determined and taking initiative
- are used to working with data and have good IT skills, including tools like SQL, VBA, Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than . We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
OBS: Between 9-14 September, it will not be possible to apply for jobs with us due to technical maintenance.