Finance and controlling
Senior Audit Specialist
Imagine a future where you work with challenging and complex issues in an internal audit function
Join us in this role where you’ll help support the financial and business performance creation in one of Northern Europe’s leading energy groups with great societal impact.
Welcome to Internal Audit
You’ll be part of a team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for assessing whether the processes are appropriate and function properly to ensure that risks are identified and managed appropriately, and that quality and continuous improvement are supported by company business processes and controls. Other tasks include audits of processes and controls, ensuring that significant financial and operational information and management information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring the planning, execution, and reporting of operational, financial, and compliance audits performed by Internal Audit
- performing audits of financial instruments, including various derivatives related to processes and controls in front, middle, and back-office functions
- performing financial audits and reviews on behalf of external audit
- performing operational audits related to the various business units in the Group, both domestically and abroad
- participating in legal compliance audits, including securing compliance with financial regulation such as EMIR, MiFID II, REMIT, and the Market Abuse Directive
- performing ethical compliance audits and focusing on knowledge of and compliance with the Group’s Corporate Governance Policy, aiming at reducing the risk of fraud and other forms of inappropriate business conduct.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience as an auditor, preferably from one of the major audit and consultancy firms and/or a large internal audit department, as well as having relevant experience from the energy or financial sector
- have an educational background as an auditor, e.g. state-authorised public accountant, the Danish cand.merc.aud. (MSc in business economics and auditing) or equivalent, preferably with certifications such as CIA or CRMA
- preferably have a broad profile that also enables you to contribute to risk management and operational audit projects
- preferably have experience with financial and operational audits, including complex areas such as derivatives, and preferably experience with audit of compliance functions and compliance
- have a preference for working in a structured manner, which includes adhering to deadlines with focus on quality and results, can work in teams, and are proactive and ready for change.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 27 September 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Pia Elkjær Bay, Chief Audit Executive, on +4599558580 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.